VP-5 Memorial Crew Listing
| January 12th, 1962
"...It took Don Latimer and I several years of research to find all of them..." Forwarded by Bob Pettway email@example.com [22MAY2004]
The recovery effort in 1966 brought back seven crewmen from LA-9. Three of those recovered are buried at the Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA:
The remaining four are buried in family plots:
- CDR Norbert John Kozak, single grave site located at Section 35, #2038
- LT(jg) Badger Conley Smith III, single grave site located at Section 11, # 676-C
- LT(jg) Michael Patrick Leahy, single grave site located at Section 46, # 753
The above information accounts for the seven LA-9 crew men whose remains were recovered in late September, 1966.
- Norman Royce Russell, Jr. is buried in Big Creek Church of Christ Cemetery on Russell Town Rd. in Amite, LA.
- Robert Earl Hurst is buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Talladega, AL.
- Frank Earl Parker is buried in Tower Grove Cemetery (Row 32 of block 2), Murphysboro, Jackson County, IL.
- Robert Allen Anderson is buried in the Sunset Memory Gardens Cemetery, 7302 Mineral Point Rd., Madison, WI.
At Arlington National Cemetery there is a "common casket" grave site memorial dedicated to the five crewmen of LA-9 either unrecovered or only partially recovered but unidentified. This memorial is located at Section 46, # 754. These five crewmen are:
Their earthly remains, in part or in total, continue to this day to lie on the Kronborg Glacier, eastern coast of Greenland at the LA-9 crash site. After 42 years, they still await the country they served to bring them home for proper burial.
- LT(jg) Anthony Francis Caswick
- LT(jg) AT3 Alan Patrick Millette
- LT(jg) AO3 Grover Earl Wells
- LT John Augustus Brown, MD
- LT(jg) AEAN Joseph William Renneberg
"January 12th, 1962 Memorial Summary Page"